Please note that the Thanksgiving Mass will take place at OLMC Church on Friday, October 9th at 9:30am. All are welcomed.
Monday, 28 September 2015
Meet the Teacher Ice Cream Social was a huge hit! Thank you to all families that were able to join us. We gave away over 700 tasty ice cream cups. It was nice to see everyone after our summer holidays. Please remember that if you were not able to join us, that you are welcome to make an appointment with your child's classroom teacher at a time that is convenient for you both.
Posted by Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School at 08:15
Friday, 25 September 2015
Catholic School Advisory Council
Emily Stramacchia - Chair
Claudia Armstrong - Vice Chair
Josephine Zappa - Treasurer
Monica Corazza - Secretary
Jessica Bakic - parent rep
Diane Luu - parent rep
Kelly Marietti - parent rep
Melanie McArthur - parent rep
Jen Pavao - parent rep
Lisa Saab - parent rep
Nicole Girard - Non-teaching rep
Shannon Coulson - Teaching rep
Kevin Bellaire & Tania Sorge - Principal/Vice-Principal
Our next meeting will be held on October 13, 2015 at 6:00 pm in the school library. All parents are welcome to attend our monthly meetings.
Posted by Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School at 11:23
Friday, 11 September 2015
First Week - BIG SUCCESS!!!!
I would like to thank the parents for all their patience and understanding with regards to the construction in the parking lot.
We are anticipating school organizational (student classroom) changes coming towards the end of September. Please be patient and understand that these changes will help reduce the number of students per classroom.
Posted by Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School at 11:27
Parking Lot Construction Update
Please continue to be patient with the construction of our school bus bay. This construction is expected to continue into next week. The bus bay should be open late next week barring any delays due to the weather. The bridge nearest to the church will continue to be closed until bridge supports are installed. Please continue to drop off and pick up using the entrances off Mount Royal. Enter the school using the north entrance and exit using the south. Please refer to the map posted earlier on the blog.
Posted by Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School at 11:10
Friday, 4 September 2015
OLMC First Day of School Procedures
1. Please see earlier blog about important parking information.
2. All class lists will be posted outside on the school walls in the appropriate play ground areas. Please look for your child's name and teacher on the posted lists (i.e. grade one list will be on the building wall located near the bike racks in the grade one play area).
3. All teacher will meet students outside at the bell (8:55 am).
4. Once all students have been arranged by the teachers into their respective homeroom classes, teacher will escort students into the school to begin the day.
5. Just a reminder that OLMC is a peanut and scent aware school, please refrain from using these products.
6. If your child uses a asthma inhaler, Epi-pen or needs any other medical support please be sure the office has all medications and forms. Medical consents must be updated for the 2015-2016 school year.
7. Please note that all classroom list are final, students will not be changing classrooms on the first day of school. In May 2015, OLMC sent home a "Student Placement Request "form to all parents to help address any concerns. This has proven to be a very successful strategy in order to address parental concerns.
8. OLMC student population continues to grow and all classrooms are at or above capacity. This may result in a classroom changes at the end of September.
Posted by Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School at 08:13
PARKING LOT CONSTRUCTION SAFETY
The OLMC parking lot is currently under construction due to the new school bus bay. The construction will continue throughout the first week of school. Thus, our parent parking, student drop off areas and bus pick up and drop off will be greatly affected. Please see the map below for specific details for all parents entering our school parking lot. All vehicles must enter from Mount Royal (north entrance) and exit using the Mount Royal south exit (closest to the church). Absolutely no vehicles are to stop in the front of the school. All parents are to follow the route highlighted in blue on the map below. Parents wishing to accompany their child on the first day of school are encouraged to park at Vet's Park (a very short walk from the school).
Posted by Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School at 07:44